Sunday, February 22, 2009

view from my room...


Amsterdam...this trip has been bitter sweet. It's been 20 years since I lived outside the city in Gouda, what seems like another life. I'm so glad I choose to end that one.
I didn't eat breakfast this morning just so I could eat the potots(french fries) w/mayo & onions. You know what, it didn't taste as good as they did then(it must of been the second hand smoke that made them soooo delicious).
I rented a bike as soon as I arrived. Even though it was 32 degress & raining, I love the simplicity of getting around so easily. This is the first time I've really enjoyed getting lost. I'm adding Amsterdam back onto my "Around the World List".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a view. I bet it's beautiful there in the summer. You're so fortunate to be able to visit so many places. Count your blessings...